Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Assalamu-Alaikum Ya-Ramadaan


Wow! I can’t believe it! My heart is filled with so much sadness right now. I long for this month to be here again…

It’s the final day of Ramadaan today… the 30 September 2008. We’ve fasted for 30 days and tomorrow, Insha-Allah will be Eid-ul-Fitr (Labarang). I’m excited to see myamily and friends and to share in the day with them. But, even through the bliss I can’t help but feel a little melancholy.

This is such a special month and one which if lucky to experience, should be taken full advantage of. Algamdulilah… I managed to finish my Gataamal-Qur’aan on the 19th day of Fast, as I wanted to do as much as I could before the Little Red Fairy visited. And, I did.


Last night in mosque I couldn’t hold back the tears as I realised that it was the last Salaatul-Taraweegh for the year 2008. I’m so thankful to Allah for gracing me and my family and friends with this month and protecting us throughout it. Shukr Ya Allah!


May all our actions, efforts, saum (fasting) and intentions be accepted and may we continue to live under the protective wing of Allah, The Almighty.

Eid Mubarak to those who celebrate… may Allah grant you everything your heart wishes.


Assalamu-Alaikum Ya Ramadaan… shukran for filling my heart with such warmth, eagerness, connectedness and serenity. I have taken on many Amaanah (responsibilities) which I wish to carry out after Ramadaan and throughout my years… May Allah make it easy for me, Insha-Allah, keep me steadfast and may each and everyone only grow in faith from here. Ameen!

No comments: