Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gaining perspective

This past week has been really tough on me… I won’t go into much detail… that’s for my own contention, but I do feel as if a weight has been lifted. Algamdulilah. My daddy is recovering each and every day… and I know this is only by the pure Will and Grace of Almighty Allah.

I realised what needs to be done… I need to learn to let go… to put my complete faith in the hands of Almighty Allah. This is something I could do very easily before… many a times I’ve endeavoured and was blessed with the bliss of contentment. This time around, I need to try a bit harder. And, like I told a very dear friend of mine today… it’s the hardships in life that push you forward to greatness. Sometimes I wish I’d listen to myself. Afterall, no one said life was going to be easy, right? But, the old cliché… apparently it’s definitely worth it! So, I plan to give life my all and to always strive to reach closeness with my Creator… that’s exactly where I need to be.

At least I have something to spur me on. The month of Ramadaan is here and it has certainly helped with the spiritual connection I was lacking. I went to Salaatul-Taraweegh tonight and it left my heart with a feeling of excitement, joy and pure exhilaration. I miss that feeling and am certainly looking forward to experiencing more of it.

So, over and above all that’s been happening, today I’m in a good place and thankful for it. Oh Allah, may you continue to bless all that’s dear to me and grant all deceased the highest of places in Jannah, make our Ummah strong and may we always strive to follow the Siraatal-Mustaqeem. You, Oh Allah are indeed a Lord of Mercy, Love and Significance! I Love You!

1 comment:

Shahieda said...

My dear, you've touched on an integral part of life we some how fail to understand. Only when the situation comes knocking on our doors do we really take heed of it. Allah is the best of Planners, only He knows what we do not. The moment we come to realise this, the less resistance we will display as life unfolds. May Allah make things easier for you Insha-Allah!! Now, if only I could take my own advice!!