Saturday, September 27, 2008

Layla-tul-Qadr 2008

Tonight was the 27th night of Ramadaan. A very sad night, but a great auspicious occasion on the Islamic Calendar. It’s always sad for me as it marks us nearing the end of the month of Ramadaan. A month which brings much humility and peace to my life as I’m sure it brings to many other Muslims as well.

The evening we went to Taraweegh as per usual, Fouzie joined me which I’m very grateful for. I haven’t spent time with her in a while… so it was great to re-connect again even though we haven’t completely forgotten about each other and still keep in contact with impromptu calls now and then.



Thereafter we headed home to get all our goodies to prepare ourselves for the long night ahead. I was very sad Raafiek couldn’t make it, but he had a very valid justification… but Insha-Allah, I hope Allah still grants him the very best reward, as I know his intention was nothing less than pure. Insha-Allah, Ameen.


So, after greeting my parents, Fouzie and I were off to meet my cousins, Shahieda, Nadia and Raihaana. We droped off some food for the children… then headed to the masjied. Masjiedul-Quds is one of the largest mosques in Cape Town and hosted on that night more than 6 000 Muslims. Masha-Allah!


It was really nice to have four very special ladies with me. It was momentous having them with me as we listened to beautiful Qiraah and Thikr. We later made Tasbeegh Salaah, then had suhoor followed my Fajr Salaat and the recital of Surah-tul Yaaseen. It finished at 06:00am on 27 September 2008 marking the 27th day of Ramadaan. I then went to drop Fouzie and headed home myself. I was so bushed by the time I stepped into my bedroom at 06:30am. All I could manage was taking off my salaah top… and the rest was history. I woke up 3 hours later to attend to many errands for the upcoming Eid-ul-Fitr. I’m thrilled!

1 comment:

Shahieda said...

It sure was a momentus occassion sweets!! Very spiritually uplifting and my highlight as you know was the Qari's recital of Surah Ar-Rahman. Pure heart stopping melody!!