Monday, September 15, 2008

Iftaar at Spur

So… it’s a beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon. A welcomed sunshine day after the storms and utter blistering cold we’ve been experiencing lately. It’s certainly not a day to be found in the kitchen.

My cousin, Nadia called earlier the morning, who was enjoying their stay at the Royal Atlantic in Seapoint. She suggested we conform to the usual Saturday evening’s at Spur. So we decided to join. And, lucky for me, I convinced my parents to come along too.


Dad & Mom

We were meant to arrive an hour before Iftaar ‘boeka time’… but as luck would have it, we came a ½ hour before to be graced with a long waiting list and extended lines. Although, Spur was nice enough to provide dates and falooda milk for those left to wait. Nevertheless, we used this time to catch-up and mingle… it’s been a while since we’ve seen each other.


Myself & Shireen



Samir & Raafiek

Eventually, we got seated an hour and a half after arrival. Oh boy… it certainly was worth the wait! I thoroughly enjoyed my meal… thinking about it now is making my mouth water. Hmmm… that reminds me I still have leftovers as I couldn’t finish. Oooh wee!!!


The gathering was nice… thoroughly enjoyed the company. After the meal and many heavy bodies later… we decided to venture out into Seapoint for a much-needed coffee.


Shireen, Shahieda, Nadia, Mom & Me

2 comments:

Shahieda said...

I certainly had a great time sweets!! I'm still recovering from the caffeine high, LOL!! It's so good seeing your dad all well and full of smiles!! He made a comment when I took my pics that made me laugh out loud!! He said, "You're single, so mingle!!" He certainly hasn't lost his spunk!!

Shaheema said...

Yes, it certainly is great seeing him so well again. Algamdulilah!

Oh, he said that? He's so right!! Definitely hasn't lost his sense of humour! LOL!