Monday, September 22, 2008

I’m going to be an Aunty…

Wow! It’s official… I’m going to be an Aunty! Hehe. :) Some weeks back my very dear friend Ruwayda - fondly called Tietie (big sister) - phoned me to tell me the great news. Not many knew at the time and she wasn’t 100% certain, so I couldn’t breathe a word!

Well, it’s a clear as daylight now… and a great definite, so Algamdulilah! I’m very excited for her and her husband Faheem.

Gosh… Ruwayda and I have shared many of life’s trials side by side since as early as Standard 7 and our relationship and friendship has bloomed into a beautiful sunflower… a pillar of understanding and heaps of great memories!


Ruwayda & I - Matric 1998



10 years later - Seaforth Beach - Early 2008

As we share each of life’s tribulations, we always make the extended effort to be of assistance and comfort to each other in each and every way possible. This is friendship at its purest! And, I’m honoured to have someone like her in my life.


Coincidental Twins - A week before Ruwayda's wedding

Someone who has filled many of my days with laughter, treasured memories and beautiful moments. I especially miss our morning and afternoon chats on the train updating each other on our life experiences. She truly is a character of note and who always goes the extra mile for those dear to her. I’m happy to be one of them.


Side by side through life's beauty - Ruwayda's Wedding Day

For now, I’d like to wish Ruwayda and Faheem all of life’s very best, Insha-Allah. May the moments they share as they await the birth of their beautiful baby or babies be memorable, filled with laughter and pure bliss!

Wishing you treasured times!

1 comment:

Shahieda said...

Awwwwww! What great news!! Just another milestone for you guys to share!! May Allah grant Ruwayda and Fahiem beautiful, pious children who will bring them much joy Insha-Allah Ameen!!