Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hope is on its way

As I got into the car to leave work after a long and hard day… I was graced by this little book lying on the seat of Steve’s car. Usually I’m too bushed to do anything… even chat, so I leave Steve and Rustum to carry on with their antics while I catch up on some zzz’s. But, not today… this book had me hooked. I read it from cover to cover.


Steve was quite impressed to see me still awake… but by this time I was pondering on the words of wisdom. Really made me take a deeper look into life and to see the positive instead of focusing on the negative. I’m a big believer and preacher of this… but only towards others. When it comes to myself, that’s a different ball game. It’s often easier to help someone else than to help yourself.

There were some interesting quotes that really stood out for me… I’d like to share them with you:

Each second you can be reborn. Each second there can be a new beginning. It is choice. It is your choice. – CLEARWATER

Now is not time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is. – ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1899-1961)

People deal too much with the negative, and what is wrong… Why not try and see the positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom? – THICH NHAT HANH


My personal favourite:
Throw your heart out in front of you and run ahead to catch it. – ARAB PROVERB

I have always felt that the moment when first you wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that… absolutely anything may happen. And, the fact that it practically always doesn’t, matters not one jot. The possibility is always there. – MONICA BALDWIN

We have enough people who tell it like it is – now we could use a few who tell it like it can be. – ROBERT ORBEN

There were many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts broken by love, but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream – whatever that dream might be. – PEARL BUCK (1892-1973)

If one burdens the future with one’s worries, it cannot grow organically. I am filled with confidence, not that I shall succeed in worldly things, but that even when things go badly for me I shall still find life good and worth living. – ETTY HILLESUM

But for me security is not knowing what’s going to happen. Because if I don’t know, it could be terrific. – GLORIA STEINEM, b. 1934

The longing for paradise is paradise itself. – KAHLIL GIBRAN (1883-1931)

I compared notes with one of my friends who expects everything of the universe, and is disappointed when anything is less than the best, and I found that I begin at the other extreme, expecting nothing, and am always full of thanks for moderate goods. – RALPH WALDO EMERSON (1803-1882)

I believe in the sun, even when it is not shining. I believe in love, even when I do not feel it. I believe in God, even when He is silent. – LINES SCRAWLED ON A CELLAR WALL IN COLOGNE WHICH WAS DESTROYED BY BOMBING IN WORLD WAR II.

I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward. – CHARLOTTE BRONTE (1816-1855)


May your life be filled with love, hope and honour!

1 comment:

Shahieda said...

What a beautiful book!! Certainly alot of food for thought.