Saturday, September 27, 2008

I’m so exhausted but excited!

So, after just 3 hours of sleep, one would expect that I’d be tired… but not yet… When I awoke I was filled with excitement for the day ahead. I was to see Ruwayda at 10:00. I was excited as I haven’t seen her in her ‘delicate’ state as yet. Or, should I say, I haven’t seen her in her state, knowingly of the state. Hehe. Wait, this is getting much too confusing.

Bottom line, I was excited! I picked her up then we headed to our appointment. She's looking pretty much the same for now... but complaining her pants can no longer close. Aah! The joys! And, as always… there was a long waiting line… but, we didn’t mind this time. There was a lot to update each other on… so, we didn’t waste any time and got right into it.

Thereafter, Raafiek came to meet us and we headed to do some shopping for him. We walked around from shop to shop, sometimes finding what we need, and sometimes not at all. By now it was around 15:00… and I was beginning to feel a bit weary. Later, Ruwayda’s husband picked her up and Raafiek and I headed on home… I really needed to sleep, so I did just that.

The evening we decided to take my parents out for supper once we returned from mosque. We intended on Spur, but was closed when we got there… so we got some Nando’s takeouts and headed home. Not before long talk of the wedding springed up and we ended up chatting into the wee hours of the morning. Think I got to bed around 02:30am. I took a while to conk out. Sleep deprivation is certainly not joyful, but wedding planning is much too invigorating… Man, how do I sleep?

No comments: