Monday, July 28, 2008

Just chilling…

Wow! This weekend was enjoyable. So relaxing… something I don’t seem to know anymore. Being away from the drudge or every day life, the same thing over and over, the mediocrity of it all… really made me see things in a greater light.

I need to spend my time effectively… spend it with the family, getting to know them properly, appreciating them even more than I do already… and just really taking more time for myself and what matters most to me. I certainly see things from a different perspective now. And, getting away has definitely help me see what needs to change and how to go about making it happen. So, that’s exactly what I’m going to do.

As for the weekend… after a two-hour drive, we arrived late Friday evening… the walk up to the mountain chalet where my parents were waiting was literally breathless. My brother Ashraf, friend Sharmiela and son Muain along with Raafiek and myself were huffing and puffing when we reached the top. Needless to say, it was all worth it when we stepped into the lounge and was enveloped by the heat… divine! Must say, under floor heating is definitely a plus. After we recouped and caught our breath, we made some yummy hotdogs to nibble on and then we just ‘vegged’ in front of the tele till late.

The place was just beautiful with the most striking interior. After a good night’s rest, we made some breakfast and later Raafiek, myself and Muain went for a little hike.




Upon our return, we had supper, then headed to a lazy three hours in the hot water springs. Utterly divine!


On Sunday, Raafiek and I woke up early to go and chill in the pool. We did till almost lunch time. My cousins, Nadia and Shahieda along with their families decided to join us for their day, so we brought them up to the chalet. They too were huffing and puffing on arrival. hehe. But, boy, was it fun! Good conversation, filter coffee and fresh cream, koeksisters, braai and the game 30 Seconds, what more did I need! I enjoyed their visit and the game with them and my Mom was completely hilarious! We were all in stitches!




Yip.. and as they say, all good things must come to an end… so we packed up and left about 20:00 the evening. My parents stayed on and was to be joined was two of my Mom’s sisters the next day. They deserve it and I know they’ll enjoy. Shukran Mom & Dad for giving us such an lovely time. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

No comments: