Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Looking back

As I awoke today… out of the blue, I could only remember one thing. What this day had meant to me two years ago! 2 July 2006 was a hard and hurtful day for me yet one of complete liberation too. I had just celebrated my Quarter Century Birthday with my friend, Nadia, the day before.


My friend Abbas decided to join me as we dropped the last party props. Thereafter, we proceeded to have coffee at Mugg&Bean and a little catch-up. We didn’t have one in a while. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and it was easy for the two of us to chat about things that hurt. We analysed a very weird dream I had a few days before and that to me was the most striking of it all.


After an enjoyable time, feeling centered and peaceful, I ventured on home only to be confronted with an ex-boyfriend who wanted nothing else but for me to take responsibility for the course he chose in life. I must say, it was the hardest thing to do that day, but I knew deep down, it was my only chance. I had to let go and stand up for myself. That was the deciding moment in my life. To take responsibility for my decisions and to deal with the consequences which my come. Looking back, all the hurt and pain endured is worthwhile. Worthwhile because right now, my life is exactly where I want it to be. I’ve endured the necessary and am now experiencing its beauty. Algamdulilah! I could never be where I am today without the mercy of Allah Almighty who stood by and guided me when I needed it most!

1 comment:

Shahieda said...

It sure does feel good to look back and see how much one has grown!! That was certainly a turning point in your life, hard as it may have been.

And one huge lesson that had come from that pain, was that people will always try to place responsibility for their actions elsewhere. It's totally up to you if you were going to allow it to happen!! love u lots, like jelly tots!! mwwwaaaahhh!!