Thursday, July 3, 2008

Building relations

I think it’s important to keep building relationships… especially the very important ones. I worked from home today… and gladly so, it was storming outside. So, I cuddled back into bed, nice and snug with my bedside lamp on, I proofread the copy for our upcoming Top500 publication. Much later the afternoon, I made my parents coffee and then my Mom and I sat side by side nibbling on toast with jam and cheese. Was lovely spending some time with her, I haven’t in a while, needless to say I haven’t had much time for myself either with everything going on lately. It was such a memorable moment, we just chatted about stuff, all the changes we need to adapt to concerning my crazy work life and fulfilling my dreams. I told her I’d soon be meeting up with old friends for our Matric ’98 reunion on 2 August 2008. I’m looking forward to it. Seems my Mom is too, she got all excited and asked if I was gonna make myself something to dazzle on the evening. I said I was thinking about it. In an instant, my Mom whipped out some magazines from which to gain inspiration for a gown. I enjoyed spending that time with her and within it I realise that whatever may happen, she’ll always be my dear Mommy whom I love very much. And, even if I can’t seem to find the time for myself, I should always try to find the time for my Mommy, Daddy and my nearest and dearest!

1 comment:

Shahieda said...

You are absulotely correct!! We tend to forget the small things in this hum-drum of life, but it's always good when we glean perspective. And it is those small, special moments that we carry with us always!!