Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Allah has blessed me!

Oh Allah! I must thank you! SHUKRAN! For bestowing upon me and my family the presence of my dear father. Allah, I may not understand right now, neither may I ever, but I will place my complete trust in Your plan for all of us in this lifetime. Shukran for blessing me with the beautiful family I have! I am forever indebted Ya Allah! And, shukran for the time you have allowed us to experience each other.


On Thursday evening, my daddy experienced some seizures. It is the scariest thing in the world to witness and all my brother and I could do was hold onto each other for dear life as we tried to help my daddy. Algamdulilah, my mom is very strong and takes things with such ease but I know it’s difficult for her too.


Algamdulilah, only with the mercy and blessings of Allah, my daddy is recovering and is doing better every day. This has certainly been an eye-opener for me. But, the hard part still lies ahead… acknowledging and doing.


For now, instead of focusing on the worry and anxiety, of what needs to be done and what will change, I want to concentrate on right now. For, right now I have the presence of both my beautiful parents who have reared my brother and I with such grace, love and gratitude. And, right now I want to express how deeply thankful I am for a father who has displayed nothing but pure and utter tenacity throughout his life. Life has thrown him some heavy curveballs his way and each time, without fail, he bounced right back. Algamdulilah! I really admire him. Afterall, I would, wouldn’t I? I’m his daughter after all… in awe! And, my mother who has always been and continues to be our beacon of strength, hope and faith. Each day she goes about her tasks with such grace and honour and strives each and every day to fulfill the needs of her family. I am so thankful to both my parents for everything they do for us and want them to know that all the sacrifices they have made - are certainly noted and never in vain. I love Mommy & Daddy so much.


My dad always puts everything aside for me, my brother and mother. If ever we need to speak or need his help, he’ll drop everything and attend to us immediately. How can I not appreciate a man, my father who walks alongside me, bearing every single step of my life with me and guiding me so astutely with the glorious help of Allah Almighty. If ever anything is weighing us down, my daddy’s the first to call on, for all of us.


So, Shukran Allah, for Your Mercy, Your Grace, Your Love and Your Plan. Without Allah’s Will, this could never be, so I’m thankful today! May we continue to be with Allah’s Mercy and Insha-Allah, may my daddy have a full recovery, Ameen! I do love him so very much!

1 comment:

Shahieda said...

What an emotional post darling!! May Allah maqboel your duas Insha-Allah!! You're a very lucky young lady to have been inspired by your parents so much and your gratitude towards them is evident in your writing!! Take full advantage of the time with them now.