Thursday, April 30, 2009

The ‘Can Do’ Girl


So, this morning while applying my sky-blue eye-shadow to accompany my sky-blue poloneck and earrings… I took a moment to look at myself. In that moment my head was swarming with thoughts and I realised something. I’m the ‘Can Do’ Girl! Always have been.

When approached with a situation, I never assess whether I can do it, whether I am able to do it or even whether it fits into my current schedule… oh no! My first instinct when approached with a situation is “I Can Do It!”

That attitude has always brought me tremendous hope. It has lifted me on through the years and allowed me the possibility to be where I am today. It has certainly worked for me through many phases in my lifetime.

Being presented with new opportunities, brings new challenges of its own and with it comes the chance to grow. I’ve grown a lot from my experiences in life, the good and the bad. Algamdulilah… Allah has always been right by my side, spurring me on and holding my hand as I walk through those tough and storming moments.

With the new experience my life holds… leading up to my new chapter, I was faced with a situation I’ve never encountered before. A moment in my life when I was at the end of my tether… and with that brought that realisation that I now need to respect myself… just a teeny bit more. To ask myself permission for the things I endeavour, endure and encounter. And, I realised, as a good friend said to me, being able to say no or ask for help is not a weakness. Perhaps, my view point needs to change around that. I now believe it is a blessing… a blessing in that you allow another to share in the moment with you.

We all in life for a reason. We all here to build each other up. To please each other. To bring happiness to each other… and to help each other along the path of life. And with this comes my thanks… to all who love me, support me and wish me well… THANK YOU!

Because right now, right here… I’m EXACTLY where I’m meant to be… right here in all this madness fighting my way through and sharing my thoughts and this moment with YOU.

2 comments:

Shahieda said...

See?? What did I tell you?? You just had to give yourself some time to process everything!! After all you're the 'Can Do' girl!!

Love you lots like jelly tots!! Mwwaahh!!

Shaheema said...

Shukran for your faith angel! Really means alot!

Raafiek says enjoy the little time at home and all the best on the job-hunting! :)

You in our dua's sweetie pie!

Jumuah Mubarak!

Mwah!
xxx