Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Well today is my mom's Birthday... the woman who has stood by through all the trials and tribulations in my life... how could i not be thankful! She has watched me grown from a little girl into a beautiful woman who has learnt to appreciate the beauty of life, what it brings and how to always be thankful for what she has. My mother has always, and will always be the cornerstone of my life!


Of our relationship: Good things take time. It's not always easy to open up to someone and show them your heart... but I managed to fight the resistance and today we share a beautiful relationship built on love, trust and honour. I thank Allah each day for placing her in my life... and my wonderful dad as well who has been nothing but supportive and accepting all my life. It was his birthday two days ago... and I can't help but say a big SHUKRAN TO ALLAH for honouring me with the presence of two of the most important and influential people in my life! I'm truly blessed!

And, as I venture on what will be the stepping stone of the beginning of my next life... I know my beautiful parents will be right by my side, smiling along and supporting me all the way! What beauty!

1 comment:

Shahieda said...

Wow sweety!! What else can I say when we have both travelled such a long journey!! Gratitude has certainly played a huge role too!! I only wish that Ma was still here to see the huge progress that we have both made and to see you take the big step you are about to embark on!!