Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Farewell 26

So, today is my last and final day of being 26. And, what a year it has been!
Between 24 and 25, I had my heart broken in more ways than I care to imagine! And, that was a life lesson I’ll never forget! I learnt so much during that time… which prepared me for what I now have and experience in my life. When I turned 26, I was a new person, no longer the woman who just ventured around, meandering about the earth with no vision in sight. I was finally me! I finally knew who I was and what I wanted from this life. If there was anything I was more afraid of, it was change. I hated change. I loved things to stay the way they were. But, when I sat back and realised that the very thing I hated so greatly was exactly what was holding me back, I decided to make a change. I ventured into my fears… and heavily forced myself to walk the plains I terribly feared. I had to learn to open myself up again, to open up my heart and to allow whatever is meant to happen, to happen. It was never an easy task… and today it still is not. I constantly need to remind myself to let things be and to accept that changes that come. And, today, I stand here, so proudly. I’ve faced my biggest fear in this moment in time. I’ve allowed myself to become who I’m meant to be… and I’m still working hard at it… and, I’ve let go of the need to control and allow life’s beauty and pleasures to flow my way. And, be that as it may… I’m very happy now. I feel fulfilled and content.

26 was a wonderful time… a time when I let myself fall in love again… with someone who I really want to spend the rest of my life with. His name is Raafiek. A man so patient, it is incomprehensible. I guess that’s what I love the most about him. Through him, I’ve grown as he accepts me just as I am, yet knows the prospects of what I’m meant to be and pushes me towards it. The past year in his presence was and is amazing… and what was more beautiful than anything was that when we met, I was a whole person – me – the person I finally got to know and learn. A person he complements so beautifully and gracefully. We’ll be taking a big step soon – together. We getting engaged in four days time and I can’t wait!


Today, I want to thank all those very close and dear one’s (Mommy, Daddy, Ashraf, Raafiek, Shahieda, Nadia, Gakiema, Melissa, Imtithaal, Fouzia and Nadia D) who stood by me through the hard times and to those very same people, who still stand by me today through the good times. And, as I embark on the next phase of my life… a life with new lesson’s to be learnt, new things to experience and a new kind of happiness I know not of, I want to thank them in advance… as I know that they’ll be no place else, but by my side – as before – all the way! The trust here is immeasurable!

Looking forward to 27, where opportunity comes to life! I’ll make sure of it!

1 comment:

Shahieda said...

Happy Birthday Darling!!

I love you so very much and it's been an awesome experience just watching you grow!! You are the epitome of what a young lady should be and I truly admire the courage you have shown so far. I also know that whatever comes your way you will handle it with the composure and wisdom you have gathered thus far!!

I cannot but wait to share in your moment on the 22nd June when you pledge to marry th beautiful, patient Raafiek, he is exactly what you needed!!

May the Almighty grant that the road you take together be a long a properous one, Insha-Allah Ameen!!