Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ask for it!

Today I’m a little sad because one of my friends are hurting! It’s the sad truth that the greatest lessons in life come from the biggest hurts. I believe that what we go through shapes us into what we meant to become. I know for sure, that I’d never be the person I am today, appreciative and accepting, had I not endured my hurtful yet informative past.

As a woman when in relationships, we tend to lose ourselves, knowingly or unknowingly. We tend to ignore the very important aspects of what make us unique all to please the ones we love. This is wrong. We need to realise who we are completely before we expect the next person to know what we all about. We need to be all-accepting of ourselves, our good attributes and the bad ones. And, most important of all, something all woman are afraid of doing because they risk seeming needy and vulnerable – is asking for what they want!


Over time I’ve come to terms with the fact that no one will ever know what I’m feeling, not completely that is. With this being so, how can I expect that someone else, perhaps my loved one or partner to know what I need? The only way they would know is if I told them, or expressed what I needed. And, lo and behold, most times they are only to happy to give or provide you with the necessary. So, today I’d like to say to all woman out there… ask for what you want, put in your order, request it from the Universe and you will receive it. For just like any one else in this world, we all deserve to be happy, loved and fulfilled!

2 comments:

Shahieda said...

It's always difficult just being a bystander when someone you care about is hurting. All one can do though is just be there for them.

I think women in general tend to loose themselves when they're in a relationship, something society has instilled.

But it is very important to know yourself and what it is that you want in life, only you can know this.

Bridal Bee said...

i enjoyed your blog today!
The craziness is that even if we as woman shout out to the world this is what i need this is what i want, do we really act on it? do we act on how we feel - to have the happiness we know we deserve! Some of us are strong enough - then there are others that just arent....