Thursday, June 11, 2009

An ode to my cousin...


Little does she know the impact she’s made. Little does she know how much I appreciate. Little does she know that she is treasured… and little does she know that she means the world to me.

Nadia, my dear cousin, celebrated her birthday yesterday. And, I’d just like to take this moment to thank her for her presence in my life. For ALWAYS going the extra mile and for constantly assisting me, thinking about me and valuing my contribution.

You know couz, we’ve come a long road. And, without a doubt, I hope you know you one of the most important people in my life (if not then now you do hey!). Most often it takes sad moments in our lives before we really appreciate the worth of someone. The day I visited you in hospital was a defining moment for me. I learnt there was so much I wanted you to be part of and my thinking was overshadowed. But I’m a big girl now, and will never let that happen again.


I appreciate and value your presence more than you’ll ever know. Here’s to wishing you life’s very best! May you always walk a path of happiness, contentment and pure bliss. And, when days are dark as life hands us our share, you know I’m the one to call.

Wishing you love, prosperity and utter joyfulness!

2 comments:

Shahieda said...

Hear, hear!! She is so strong isn't she??!! One of the so many qualities I love about her!!

Shaheema said...

Oh absolutely!! i fully agree!

A woman of real strength and not forgetting class!