Thursday, September 9, 2010

A month of inspiration


I can’t believe we nearing the end, how fast the time has moved. This blessed month has certainly been a great inspiration to me, my husband and family. May Allah continue to shower his choicest blessings on all of us as we strive to reach His pleasure and perfection.

In my last post, I mentioned I was going to blog about the tests Allah put forward. That feelings have since passed, my heart feels at ease and stronger, so I’d just like to make a special duah for the youth of our Ummah. May Allah steadfastly guide them to the Siraatal-Mustaqeem, give Noor to their thoughts so they make respectful decisions and may Allah continuously have mercy for their shortcomings and that of ours, Insha-Allah, Ameen.

The sadness in my heart right now cannot be described. This month brings with it such joy, such unity and a great feeling of peace and contentment. I met a wonderful lady in that masjied one Taraweegh. Coincidently, we’ve been fortunate to stand next to each other on many nights. And when we part ways there’s always an affectionate greeting and a sincere “go well”. For some reason, she just stood out. Then, the weekend came, I happened to see her in a mall as we were waiting for the store to open. She walked up to me and I started chatting to her. Told her I remember her from the masjied, and so started a beautiful friendship. She told me about her kids, who are more of less my age, we shopped together for a while before we parted.

Each night we shared a bit more of ourselves with each other… and I eventually met her two daughters as well. This one night, out of the blue… she asked: “Are you married to Raafiek?” I said, “Yes.” The she started smiling. At this time I was rather intrigued. Turns out Raafiek used to frequent their home as one of the daughters studied with him, and that’s why she looked familiar to me because we all studied at the same place. What a small world hey! She then told me to tell Raafiek to bring me by on Eid, Insha-Allah. I’m so looking forward to it. And, over and above all that coincidences, we share the same hobby, our love for creating clothing. I’m so excited to see them, Insha-Allah, Ameen.

Laylatul Qadr was an eventful night as well. I failed to remember the masjied will be rather full this evening, so Raafiek and I left our usual time, and of course the masjied was packed, so we ventured on to another masajied. Taraweegh salaah went well, until afterwards when the imaam recited “Al Widaa Ya Ramadaan”. It wasn’t until then that I realised how few days we had left. The sincerity in his voice brought tears to my eyes. How fast the month has gone. Algamdulilah through the grace and mercy of Allah I have managed to finish my Gatam and to experience the night of Laylatul-Qadr in masajied.

After Taraweegh, we came home for a little nap and then at 00:00 picked up my cousin Raihaana and headed to Masjidul Quds. This has been the ritual of myself and Raafiek ever since we’ve met. Hence, we chose that particular masjied to get married in. We listened to some melodious Qiraah, made Salaatul Layl and Salaatul Tasbeegh. The evening was long, but good. We dropped Raihaana off around 05:00 and then headed on home to sowr.

Needless to say, later at work I could barely keep my eyes open, but it was well worth it. Raafiek, Raihaana and I were debating about the evening of Laylatul Qadr and the weather. It is said that the Night of Power is a peaceful, quiet evening with a slight breeze. The 27th was a blistering cold and windy night. We recalled the 25th evening which was a truly spectacular evening and last night Ray sms’ed to say it was another beautiful evening… hmmm… one has to wonder hey. The beauty and signs of Allah are so amazing!

As the month nears end and Eid arrives, it will be Little Zaara’s First Eid. I got her a cute little white and silver dressy… and small teeny ballet pumps to go with it. I still need to make her silver flowers to put on the shoes… oh and get her that lacy headband. She’s gonna look too Masha-Allah,Insha-Allah, Ameen! She really is such a treasure and blessing to our family! Shukran Allah.

The hype of Eid has started to take precedence in the house. My dear hubby has been up and about painting and fixing what needs to be fixed. I sorted out the curtain and bedding department. We are so thrilled for the change. Spiritually, we have grown together, Algamdulilah and have set new goals for the year ahead Insha-Allah, Ameen! May Allah continue to guide myself and Raafiek, strengthen our bond and forever keep us close to the Mercy of Allah, Insha-Allah, Ameen.

With love, I depart. I wish you all well for the last day of Ramadaan and may Allah accept our supplications, Insha-Allah, Ameen!

No comments: